Your Sports Chiropractor in Greensboro, NC
If you need a sports chiropractor in the Greensboro area, turn to Healing Hands Chiropractic & Greensboro Sports Performance. Our sports injury chiropractor, Dr. Damien Rodulfo and his team of caring professionals provide athlete-focused care to keep you performing at your very best. Whether you are a “weekend warrior” who enjoys the camaraderie of sports, or a dedicated athlete who is training for a competition, the physical demands of sports can be tough on your body.
We have over 40 years of experience in athlete chiropractic care under one roof. Our sports care professionals are not only dedicated to keeping you in top functional form, they’re also athletes themselves who know all about the stress and strain athletics can put on your body. If you want to enjoy the many benefits of sports, visit Greensboro Sports Performance and Family Chiropractic, and let us help you maintain peak performance.
Up Your Game With Our Sports Injury Chiropractor
A sports injury chiropractor does more than just keep your body in proper alignment. Sports chiropractic care can get you ready to participate in sports, help you deal with the stress and strain caused by physical activity, enable you to perform at a higher level for longer periods of time, and recover from sports injuries more quickly. Some of the many ways sports can leave you feeling less than 100% include:
- Repetitive motions like hitting a tennis ball or swinging a bat can teach your muscles to react differently.
- Runners give their feet, ankles and toes a pounding,
- Knees take a great deal of stress from sudden stops and turns in sports like basketball.
- Poor form in a golf swing can throw off the balance of your hips or cause a bulging disc in your back.
- Everyday strains, sprains, pulls and aches caused by over-extension, over-exertion, and collisions.
While most chiropractors focus just on the back and neck, sports-specific chiropractors look at the whole body. We provide chiropractic adjustments, soft tissue maintenance and nutritional advice to repair any damage and strengthen your body to keep you from experiencing future injuries.
Types Of Treatments Available From A Sports Chiropractor
Our sports chiropractor and the team of caring professionals at Greensboro Sports Performance and Family Chiropractic are committed to providing chiropractic solutions that meet your unique athletic needs. Our goal is to “Create healthy, active lifestyles by tapping your body’s potential and nurturing a positive mind-set.” To accomplish this, we first talk to you, assess your physical condition, and determine what you are trying to achieve from sports chiropractic care. Then we recommend a treatment plan that may include:
- Sports Performance Chiropractic Care: A sports chiropractor focuses on the unique connection between body wellness and performance levels. We don’t just help you recuperate from sports injuries. We work to prevent injuries and help you perform at your best. We look at everything from diet and lifestyle to form and sports habits to map out a care plan specifically for you.
- Sports Massage: Sports massage, or deep tissue massage, can complement all levels and stages of athletic performance. It engages all layers of muscle and connective tissue to alleviate areas of chronic tension and promote optimal alignment.
- Sports Nutrition: Your habits off the field can impact your performance on the field, especially when it comes to hydration, dietary requirements, and supplements. Some factors we evaluate when making nutrition recommendations include level of physical fitness, intensity and duration of activity, as well as weight and fitness goals.
Dr. Damien Rodulfo is a sports chiropractor serving Greensboro and the surrounding area. Greensboro Sports Performance and Family Chiropractic is located at 2105-C W. Cornwallis Dr. Greensboro, NC 27408. Sign up for our complimentary newsletter and like us on Facebook to receive regular sports fitness tips. Call 336-235-4530 to receive the answers to your sports injury questions from our experienced team.
What is causing the pain?
Soft tissue conditions often do not show up in radiographic studies. When soft tissue has been injured, or even chronically tight, it forms scar tissue. While necessary for healing, scar tissue may stick to adjacent structures restricting range of motion and may cause compression over nerves or blood vessels. This condition alters the texture of soft tissue, which an experienced Active Release Techniques provider can diagnose and treat.