Common Air Bag and Seatbelt Injuries | Greensboro Chiropractor
If you've suffered an auto accident injury, Healing Hands Chiropractic, a Greensboro chiropractor, can help. Chiropractic care can make all the difference when you've suffered a wreck. It's a great compliment to traditional medical care--and is often a healthier alternative.
How Air Bags and Seatbelts Can Cause Auto Accident Injury
Seatbelts and airbags are designed to keep you from being injured, and they usually do a great job. But occasionally they cause their own injuries, too.
A seatbelt can save you from being thrown from your car but may exacerbate the whiplash experienced. While most of us will happily accept the lesser injury, it is still an injury, and it needs to be treated.,
The same goes for airbags. They can be amazing life-saving devices--but they can also cause problems. They provide an immediate impact that is much better than your body impacting your car interior--but it's still an impact. Chiropractic care can help you to heal.
Injuries Caused by Seatbelts and Air Bags
This is a short list of the damage that can occur to your body, that chiropractic care can help relieve or cure:
- Lumbar injury
- Upper limb injury--most commonly occurs when your arms make contact with the airbag
- Airbag impact can cause cervical spine injuries
- A shoulder injury caused by improperly wearing a seatbelt, or by an improperly working seatbelt
- Slipped or herniated discs, caused by the jerking motion and sudden stop from a seatbelt or airbag
- Sprained and strained ligaments and tendons
- Dislocated or bruised joints
See a Greensboro Chiropractor for Chiropractic Care after Your Accident
Let Healing Hands Chiropractic in Greensboro help you after your auto accident injury. After an auto accident injury, you may be able to obtain care through the liable insurance company with no out-of-pocket costs. Call us today for an initial consultation, or just to find out more, at 336-235-4530.