Lower back pain is a problem faced by adults of all ages. Knowing the symptoms of lower back pain and the causes of this problem can help you seek the treatment you need. At Healing Hands Chiropractic, we help patients get treatment for their lower back pain. By providing a range of services, we help patients heal.
Causes and Symptoms of Lower Back Pain
Lower back pain can occur for a variety of reasons, including:
• Poor lifting and twisting techniques. Improper lifting techniques can cause muscle strain, leading to back pain.
• Ergonomics. Sitting in a chair that is not ergonomically sound, or performing activities in a manner that strains the back can put pressure on the spine. This leads to a herniated disc, subluxations and other types of injury.
• Overuse. Many people experience lower back pain because of overuse of the muscles from yard work, sports, etc.
• Car accidents. Car accidents can cause injuries like a herniated disc, which can lead to lower back pain. Often victims of car accidents don't experience pain immediately after the accident, but instead, experience pain days or weeks after the accident occurs.
Some of the most common symptoms of lower back injury include:
• Pain when standing, lifting.
• Tingling in the legs.
• Numbness in the legs.
Chiropractic Techniques for Treating Lower Back Pain
At Healing Hands Chiropractic, we use the following techniques to treat lower back pain:
• Spinal adjustment. Spinal adjustment is a technique that is effective for treating subluxations, slipped disc, and sciatica and muscle strain. With this technique, we use adjustments to the vertebrae to reduce pressure on the spinal cord. At Healing Hands Chiropractic, we use a variety of different spinal adjustment techniques to treat our patients, including Diversified Technique, Activator Method, Cox Flexion-Distraction, Gonstead, and Craniosacral Technique.
• Soft tissue techniques. Soft tissue techniques help heal soft tissues of the body, relieving muscle pain and inflammation. We offer our patients a variety of services that can help heal the soft tissues, including Myofascial Release Technique, Active Release Technique, and Graston Technique.
• Nutrition counseling. Obesity can cause lower back pain. At Healing Hands Chiropractic, we help patients avoid unnecessary weight gain and also help them manage their current weight by teaching patients how to eat a healthy, balanced diet. Nutrition counseling also helps ensure that patients have the energy they need to exercise and stay active, which can also help them manage their weight.
• Functional medicine. Functional medicine is an in-depth holistic technique that we use to discover the cause of back pain and then treat the symptoms at their source.
Contact Your Chiropractor in Greensboro NC for Lower Back Pain
As your chiropractor in Greensboro, we help patients manage their lower back pain and avoid further injury. Don’t live with back pain any longer. Take control of your health and see a chiropractor for help. To make an appointment for back pain treatment, contact us today at 336-235-4530.