Sports Chiropractic Care in Greensboro
To play at the top of your game, you need to be at the top of your health, whether you're a professional athlete or a weekend warrior. But sports injuries can make that impossible, even tiny ones that accumulate over a long period of time. Fortunately, sports chiropractic can help athletes rehab injuries, prepare for events, and keep themselves in top condition.
If you want an established health partner who understands athlete-focused care, look no further than Greensboro Sports Performance and Family Chiropractic. Our sports chiropractic care center has four decades of decades helping sports enthusiasts just like you.
Why You Need a Sports Injury Chiropractor
The human body is capable to performing to amazing specifications, and sports tend to test those limits to the breaking point. It's no wonder that you may sustain physical damage from your favorite activity, especially one that emphasizes the same motions constantly. The results can take the form of what we call repetitive strain injuries which can afflict specific parts of the body, including:
- Elbows - Swinging a club or racket and strain and irritate the tendons that join the forearm muscles to the elbow joint. Tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis) affects the tendon along the outside of the elbow, while golf elbow (medial epicondylitis) affects the tendons affects the inner elbow, sometimes referring pain to the wrist and hand.
- Shoulders - Any sport that involves overhead throws or swings can produce shoulder injuries to the rotator cuff, the set of tissues that articulates the shoulder joint. Weak or compromised upper back muscles can worsen the problem by making the shoulder less stable.
- Feet - Plantar fasciitis is the enemy of any running athlete. This foot pain is caused by strain and inflammation of the plantar fascia, a connective tissue that makes arch support possible.
- Knees and Other Weight-Bearing Joints - If your sport requires you to run, you may be prone to runner's knee (patellofemoral pain syndrome). This condition can be caused or aggravated by poor weight distribution, misaligned feet or osteoarthritis in the knee. In fact, alignment problems can cause all the weight-bearing joints to develop premature cartilage degeneration. Dr. Rodulfo is certified to coach both Newton and Pose running techniques and can assess running patterns at either an individual running evaluation or at a free monthly running clinic.
- Muscles - Muscles sustain micro-tears routinely during exertion, gaining strength and size as they repair themselves. But the constant stresses of your sport, aggravated by alignment and technique issues, may cause muscles to live in a constant state of strain, spasm, and disrepair.
Don't forget the damage that can occur from a high-impact sports accident. The resulting vertebral misalignment can cause herniated discs and nerve impingement that may affect any part of the body.
The Benefits of Sports Chiropractic Care
Our sports chiropractor, Dr. Rodulfo, is a Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician who can diagnose your sports injury and prescribe conservative, non-surgical treatments. Sports chiropractic care can help athletes in the following ways:
- Acute symptom relief - When you're in pain, you can't perform. Our sports injury chiropractor can make adjustments to specific joints to relieve pain and other symptoms caused by tennis/golf elbow, shoulder injuries, back pain from a herniated disc and more.
- Enhanced healing - Getting back in the game means healing quickly. Spinal corrections from our sports chiropractor in Greensboro can relieve abnormal muscular stress and allow nerves to relay signals more normally.
- Rehab and wellness - Our sports injury chiropractor and other members of our team can help you rebuild yourself after an injury and then stay fit. A combination of chiropractic care, physical therapy, massage, and nutritional counseling can help ensure that you regain full ability. Periodic wellness checks and procedures can then keep you ready to play.
Call Greensboro Sports Performance and Family Chiropractic at 336-235-4530. We can help you win at the most important game of all -- the game of health!